When a tooth cyst has developed, it can be treated both with conservative methods using a complex of medications and surgically. The cyst at the root of the tooth whose symptoms were identified by the patient in a timely manner is treated quickly, non-surgical methods, the probability of relapse is minimal, but it still persists.
Conservative ways In patients with a diagnosis of a cyst on a tooth, medication treatment includes: cleaning the tooth tissue, antiseptic treatment and filling. The Clinic of "Sa Nata" also uses such a method of conservative therapy of neoplasms as the introduction into the root canal of a suspension based on antiseptic and healing drugs with calcium.
After the suspension is introduced, the bone tissue is exposed to an electric current of minimum power. This method avoids many complications and minimizes dental intervention in bone tissue. When a cyst in a tooth can be treated medically with:
- the absence in the root canal of fillings requiring filling;
- previous poor-quality filling;
- the diameter of the cystic mass is not more than 8 mm.
The essence of the drug course is the effect on the formation of disinfectants and drugs that have a destructive effect on the capsule. Purulent contents are pumped out, a special paste is put in place of formation, which prevents the re-formation of pathology. After all the manipulations, a seal is installed. The patient should undergo a scheduled examination in a few months.
The advantage of surgery is that the likelihood of the re-formation of the pathology is much less than with therapeutic treatment. Relief occurs immediately after the removal of the pathological formation.
The Clinic of "Sa Nata" uses both classical methods of surgery and modern, more loyal to dental tissue. If the neoplasm has formed on the bone tissue, or a cyst on the root of the tooth, treatment is carried out in the following ways:
- Laser removal is a painless and quick procedure. The pathological formation is removed, the laser heals soft tissues, while also providing a disinfecting effect.
- A full-fledged surgical intervention is performed when the pathology is excessively neglected. This method is the most reliable, the probability of relapse in the future is absent.
Which treatment method to choose is determined by the doctor based on the severity of the clinical case and the patient’s fillings, crowns and pins. Laser removal - technology and advantages Manipulation is carried out according to a certain algorithm:
- the filling is removed from the tooth (if there is one), the canal expands;
- A laser is introduced into the channel, the beam is directed to the formation;
- disinfection and disposal.
Advantages of the technique:
- there are no risks of infection;
- the patient does not experience pain and discomfort;
- complete and high-quality disinfection of the oral cavity;
- the ability to preserve dental tissue in integrity;
- no risk of complications;
- minimum duration of healing and recovery.
- The disadvantage of laser removal is the high cost.